So although I don’t consider myself to be the the most savvy when it comes to style, Katie from over at KeepingUpWithKatie (and a fellow public health homegirl) and Stefanie from over at TheNewHealthy both nominated me for this Stylish Blogger Award. I figured I’d spread the word…and share the Love!
I’ll take it!
There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
Seven things you have ALWAYS wanted to know about me:
- I lived abroad in Australia for almost a year. And I loved every single second of it. I grew up so much during that time abroad, and I am such a stronger person for it. In fact, I love to travel, and I think the bug bit me back when I was chosen to live with a host family in Germany during my sophomore year of high school. After that, I spent some time during my junior year of HS traveling through Italy with some of my fellow Latin classmates for a few weeks. Have loved traveling ever since!
- Everyone called me “Rice” (or a form of it–riceball, ricecakes, ricerneener, …it’s my last name) from 6th grade through college. My 6th grade math teacher gave everyone in our class a nickname, and he dubbed me as Ricecakes. He always called on me to answer “number 8” on a homework assignment just so he could say… “Number 8, Ricecakes!!!!”. It wasn’t until after college that people started calling me by my full name again—Allison, and it took a while to get used to! My family calls me Allie, though (mom, dad, stepdad, step/half siblings). It’s really hard to hear people who aren’t immediate family call me that, and I’m not exactly sure why. Even Ryan calls me Allison, if that tells you anything. (Maybe one day this will change, though ) In fact, by listening to what someone calls me, you can probably tell how they are related to me or from what time period they know me. Interesting, huh?
- I love boats and being on the water, but I don’t necessarily like being in the water. If I can’t see the bottom of the lake/ocean/whatever body of water I am in, I get real hesitant about going under. I love love love just sitting on the beach and looking out into the ocean. All of the different blues and greens are so beautiful to me, and I find it very relaxing.
- In fact, I listen to ocean waves (via a noise machine) as I sleep. I have to sleep with some kind of background noise… be it a fan, a noise machine, or rain outside. If it’s completely still and silent, my mind races and I cannot fall asleep for the life of me. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve laid in bed watching the clock tick by. (I think my brother was worse, though… when he was little, my mom had to bring recordings of a roaring vacuum cleaner so that he could fall asleep in the car on road trips!)
- Okay part of the above fact is a lie. I have horrible vision, and therefore I cannot actually watch the hands on the clock tick by. For those of you who wear contacts, I was just recently told my Rx was a –7. In both eyes. You could slap me in the face and I wouldn’t even see it coming (literally). I think I definitely have my dads eyes… or my grandfather’s since he went legally blind when he reached old age.
- Although I eat like one most of the time, I am not a vegetarian. I cut down on meat in high school, and I have never really had the desire to bring it back into my diet. Since I don’t crave it, I never buy it (plus it’s way more expensive than other types of protein). Also, I think the vegetarian forms of meat are sicknasty. There’s a reason I don’t eat meat, so please don’t offer me a fake substitute that tries to emulate it. If I wanted to taste something meaty, I’d eat the real thing (and I occasionally do). With that said, I’ll only eat meat when I know where it comes from (i.e. local, no hormones, etc.). And I don’t eat red meat or pork. On the other hand, I LOVE fish, and order it out at restaurants whenever I can.
- I’m a big dreamer. I am always looking to the future and thinking about how I can make me dreams become a reality. I want the best for me and my future family, and I am trying to do everything I can to ensure that I can make that happen (working while in school, growing my relationship with friends/family/Ryan, furthering my education, pursing a career I have such a passion for, etc.). My next dream is to run a marathon, and I am about to dive in headfirst and make that a reality (eek!)
And now, my nominations for stylish bloggers:
- Rachel, This Italian Family
- Ensley, Haughty By Nature
- Jocelyn, Peace.Love.Nutrition
- Jessie, Don’t Forget Dessert
- Julie, SavvyEats
- Caitlin, Healthy Tipping Point
- Jen, This Runners Trials
- Tiffany, Simply Shaka
- Catherine, SeeTinyRun
- Julie, PeanutButterFingers
- Lisa, Thrive Style
- Live To Eat Run For Fun
- Angie, Musings of a Violet Monkey
- Gracie, Girl Meets Life
- Pursuit Of Healthfulness
- Alex, BadPassanger
- Tina, Faith Fitness Fun (Congratulate her, she just had her bebe boy last night!)
(Yes, I realize it’s more than 10… deal with it!)
We got style, yes we do…we got style, HOW ‘BOUT YOU??